- Deliver ‘best in class’ local networks and professional advice service.
- Be represented in and representative of all parts of Scotland.
- Work to ensure that member wellbeing is high on internal and external agendas.
- Support members through the Covid-19 period and subsequent impacts.
2. Career Long Professional Learning
- Share knowledge and good practice from home and abroad.
- Provide CLPL and networking opportunities that are high quality, relevant and timely.
- Speak up for school leaders on issues that matter, including:
- Issues related to the Covid-19 pandemic and its implications.
- Equitable access to technology, connectivity and training to support digital learning.
- Workforce pressures, teacher numbers and protection of management time.
- School Empowerment Agenda including HT Charter and Fair Funding.
- Early Learning and Childcare.
- Job-sizing and Career Pathways.
- Implementation of GIRFEC and Presumption of Mainstreaming.
- National Improvement Framework (including the future of inspection) and the Equity & Excellence agenda.
- Curriculum Development.
- Develop and maintain influential partnerships locally, nationally and internationally.
- Take an evidence-based approach to policy development.