AHDS has introduced a member assistance programme – a confidential service provided by Health Assured to help members deal with problems affecting your home life, health or general wellbeing. This service sits alongside, but in no way replaces, the employment support provided to members via AHDS Area Officers.
Balancing everyday life with the requirements of work and home can create pressures for all of us. Work is a large part of people’s lives. With increasing working hours as well as technological developments to support remote working, it is vital to ensure that there's a productive, healthy environment that is conducive to a healthy lifestyle. Health Assured, in partnership with AHDS, provides all members with complimentary access to an enhanced Individual Assistance Programme (IAP) to assist you in achieving this balance.
Health Assured offers cover for you and your immediate family members*, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Call 0800 917 6470 to access:
• Life support: Unlimited access to counselling for emotional problems - telephone, virtual and face to face (unlimited on-demand counselling sessions and up to six structured counselling sessions per issue per year).
• Legal information: For any issues that cause anxiety or distress including debt management, accountancy, lawsuits, consumer disputes, property or neighbour legalities (members only).
• Bereavement support: Health Assured offers qualified and experienced counsellors who can help with grief and related stress plus a team of legal advisors to help with legal issues (unlimited on-demand counselling sessions and up to six structured counselling sessions per issue per year).
• Medical information: Qualified nurses are on hand to offer advice on a range of medical or health related issues. They can’t diagnose but can offer a sympathetic ear and practical information and advice.
*Health Assured define dependants as immediate family members (spouse/partners) and children aged 16 to 24 in full time education, living in the same household.
My Healthy Advantage smartphone app
The health and wellbeing of our members is paramount. This is why we are proud to offer you all access to My Healthy Advantage, Health Assured’s comprehensive health and wellbeing app.
Through My Healthy Advantage, you will have access to a range of features, all aimed at improving your health and wellbeing. These include:
• Weekly mood tracker – Keep track of your ﬁnancial, physical and general wellbeing via our weekly mood tracker. Push notiﬁcations to remind you to complete your weekly mood tracker, via a set of simple questions.
• Mini health checks – A collection of mini health checks within the app for the following: height & weight (BMI), waist, sleep, alcohol, mental health and fatigue.
• Four week plans – Aimed at improving your health, such as quitting smoking, losing weight and coping with pressure.
• Wellbeing articles – Covering topics including emotional, physical and financial wellbeing, legal, housing and consumer issues, retirement, childcare and much more.
• Personalisation – Select speciﬁc topics that interest you and the app will generate learning materials tailored to your choices, such as equality & diversity, exercise and childcare & parenting.
In addition to counselling support and advice, we also offer a virtual library of wellbeing information. These informative articles and self-help guides provide support on a range of health and advisory issues, as well as instant guidance to aid a member’s physical and mental health.
We understand that the information needs to be available in a way that is suitable for you, whenever you require it. From simple lifestyle changes to advice for many of life's most common concerns:
• Interactive health assessment providing personal tailor-made dietary tips and fitness plans
• Fitness and lifestyle advice, such as detoxing methods
• Four week self-help programmes
• Mini health checks
• Financial wellbeing articles
Access portal here Wellbeing Portal
If you have forgotten your password please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0333 1210051.