Visual Impairment in the Mainstream
Members Only: Free Event
Following on from our over-subscribed and very well received session on Autism in the Mainstream we are running a similar insight session into visual impairment in the mainstream. This morning session is for AHDS members only and is FREE to attend.
• The day will be solution focussed with practical ideas and advice on how to impact positively and effectively on the education and inclusion of pupils with vision impairment
• Presentations and practical workshops on the different causes of vision impairment in children and how this can affect their access to learning
• Cerebral Vision Impairment and the learner; hidden sight loss and how to support learning
• Demonstration of a range of assistive technology and other resources to aid inclusion within the mainstream classroom
• Simulation of vision impairment (practical activities) will aid understanding of living with sight loss
• Professional dialogue and opportunities to explore resources and ask questions
This will take place on Saturday 3 June and will be hosted and delivered by AHDS members from The Royal Blind School in Edinburgh.
Places are limited so book soon to avoid disappointment.