LGBT Training & AHDS LGBT Network
LGBT Awareness training (morning session: 10am - 12.30pm)
We are working with LGBT Youth Scotland to offer members FREE LGBT Awareness training on the morning of Saturday 16 March.
The learning outcomes for the session will be:
1. Increased knowledge and understanding of the terminology around the LGBT community and issues that affect them
2. Increased knowledge and understanding expectations of LGBT inclusion in early years and primary settings
3. Recognising and responding to homophobia, biphobia and transphobia in early years and primary settings
4. Creating an LGBT inclusive learning environment for early years and primary.
Draft Programme Outline
- Welcome & Introduction
- LGBT Youth Scotland
- Expectations & group agreement
- LGBT experiences
- Exploring LGBT terminology
- Issues affecting LGBT young people, families and staff
- Legislative Landscape and children’s rights
- Policy, guidance and legislation – linking to LGBT experiences
- Roles and responsibilities of all adults
- Practical examples and discussions
- Whole school case studies (inc. experience of staff)
- How can we better support pupils?
- Inclusive learning environments
- Lesson plans
- Action Planning
Evaluation & close
The AHDS LGBT Network (afternoon session: this session will run after lunch until mid afternoon)
In response to demand from members, AHDS is establishing an LGBT Network. The first meeting of the network will take place on the afternoon of 16 March and will aim to provide members with opportunities to network and to support one another when facing prejudice based on LGBT within the workplace. If you want to find out more and to help shape this new network then we would be delighted to welcome you to our event on the afternoon of 16 March.
Members can choose to attend the morning session, the afternoon session or the whole day. If booking the whole day lunch will be provided. Full details will be provided once your booking has been received.