Formative Assessment: Effective talk and questioning
- Creating learning partners throughout the school, providing a range of cognitive and social learning experiences for students
- Effective group work
- Ongoing questioning
- Prior knowledge questions
Shirley’s sessions are each standalone but also link with one another. You could attend all four sessions or opt to attend only one or some of them as appropriate.
This session is for AHDS members only and is free to attend. This session will run from 4pm - 5.30pm.
Shirley Clarke (M.Ed., Hon.Doc)
Shirley is a world expert in formative assessment, specialising in the practical application of its principles. Many thousands of teachers have worked with Shirley or read her books and, through them, the practice of formative assessment is continually evolving, developing and helping to transform students’ achievements.
- ‘Collective Student Efficacy’ with John Hattie (Corwin 2021);
- ‘Unlocking Learning Intentions and Success Criteria’ (Corwin 2021);
- ‘A Little Guide for Teachers – Formative Assessment’ (Corwin 2021);
- ‘Visible Learning Feedback’ with John Hattie (Routledge 2019)
Shirley’s website www.shirleyclarke-education.org features a streamed platform of 140+video clips of formative assessment in action as well as detailed feedback from her teacher learning teams.