The nature of a school leader’s role is constantly changing. Standards and expectations are ever increasing so it’s good to know that you can call on an experienced union to support you should you need it.
We have over 30 years experience of supporting school leaders in nursery, primary and specialist schools. We have a strong network of trained local and regional officials so you'll never be far away from someone who can give you support, advice or just a sympathetic ear. Of course, where appropriate, cases will be referred to our very experienced solicitors and any support offered is covered by your membership fee - there are no extra charges at any point.
We also arrange conferences and other CPD events to help you to stay in touch with developments in education nationally, keep your skills and knowledge up to date and network with your peers.
AHDS membership offers you the opportunity to:
- Feel assured - we’re here to give you the support and advice you need.
- Feel secure - in the knowledge that you have free access to legal advice, should you need it.
- Get connected – AHDS runs events to keep you up to date on the latest in education and a chance to network with your peers.
- Achieve excellence - with our Continuous Professional Development (CPD) courses - designed just for you.
- Influence education policy - Sector specific forums (i.e. early years, deputes and PTs and ASN) to raise the issues that cause most concern for you and to hear the latest about education policy and development.
- Make a difference – AHDS members determine what improvements our union will campaign for – attend AHDS Conference and AGM to make your views count.
- Get strategic – join AHDS Council or your local group to help develop AHDS
- Save money - by taking up the special offers to AHDS members.
- Keep up to date - with the current issues, events and news with AHDS’ free quarterly magazine Head to Head.